We Always Welcome New Smiles
If you’re looking for a pediatric dentist in Greenwood, your search is over with Park Pediatric Dentistry.
Need-to-Know Information for Your Child’s First Appointment
From online forms to insurance, let us help you get ready.
We understand every budget is different, which is why we do everything possible to work within your finances. We accept:
Major credit cards
Flexible spending and health savings accounts
We accept most insurances and Medicaid. Also, we will file claims on your behalf. Insurance can be overwhelming to understand, so we’re here to help you navigate through that minefield. Call us today to see if we’re in-network with your provider.
What Can You Expect at Your Child’s First Appointment?
OFFICE TOURAs soon as you enter our doors, you’ll be greeted with a cheerful smile. We’ll give you a personal tour of Park Pediatric Dentistry and introduce you to the team.
YOUR CHOICEWe have a very flexible policy of having you come back to the operatory room and be with your child if you wish to be there. Learn more about this policy in our FAQ section.
EXAM AND CLEANINGYour child’s first appointment consists of a thorough comprehensive exam of the child’s teeth, jaw, and bite alignment. Then, one of our hygienists will provide a gentle cleaning and polish your child's teeth.
MEET THE DOCThis is the time you’ll get face-to-face time with our pediatric dentist in Greenwood, Dr. Lesa Allison. Together, you'll discuss your child's appointment, including the child's dental health, tips for the best oral hygiene, review x-rays, what to expect with future growth, and answer any questions you may have.
Dr. Allison was very nice to both of us and was kind enough to show me the teeth that will need fillings so I could understand what to look for and focus on brushing those areas in the future.
My foster son has Autism and PTSD. He is very scared of dental appointments. The hygienist was so great! She was so patient with him and listened to him to ease his fears. Dr. Allison was also wonderful. Thanks!!
Kendall was really scared about having a tooth pulled, but Dr. Allison did a great job and Kendall thought she was funny.
- Kendall's Mother
Do You Have Any Questions About Pediatric Dentistry?
Consult our FAQs below or give us a call!
Park Pediatric Dentistry is designed for children. How so?
- Kid-friendly office: We have toys and games in the waiting room, TVs to watch their favorite movies, blankets, iPads, and so much more.
- Highly-trained staff and doctor: We specialize in children! Dr. Lesa Allison has received extra training to treat children, including those with special needs.
- Behavior management techniques: We use kid-friendly terms, positive reinforcement, tell-show-do techniques, and distractions to help your child love the dental office.
- Prizes: At the end of your child’s appointment, he or she will get a prize to choose from our treasure chest.
We have an easy-to-follow guide to help you prepare your child’s first visit with Park Pediatric Dentistry.
- Make the appointment day as easy as possible and ensure your child is well-rested.
- Be relaxed and maintain a positive attitude about the dental visit.
- Set a good example: Brush and floss your teeth daily and visit the dentist regularly!
- Tell them the dentist and staff will explain everything and answer questions.
- Refrain from using words that might cause unnecessary fear.
- Don’t use dental visits as punishments.
- Avoid sharing any dental horror stories.
- Convey dental visits as a part of growing up – don’t bribe them into going to the dentist.
Yes, they are, and for so many reasons! Baby teeth help your child to:
- Chew comfortable
- Speak clearly
- Aid the path for permanent teeth to come in
If you don’t take care of their baby teeth, you may be risking your child’s future oral health.
A balanced diet is key for healthy teeth! This includes:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Bread and cereals
- Milk and dairy products
- Meat, fish, and eggs
Limit the intake of sugar to prevent tooth decay. Talk to Dr. Allison for more diet tips!
- Knocked Out Tooth: If possible, find the tooth. Hold it by the crown, not the root. Then, wash it with water and try to put the tooth back in the socket. If you cannot put the tooth back in its socket, place it in a cup of milk and call Park Pediatric Dentistry immediately.
- Chipped Tooth: Time is of the essence when this emergency happens. If your child chipped his or her tooth, call us immediately, and we’ll do everything possible to get your child in that same day.
- Possible Broken Jaw: Hold your child’s jaw in place and go to the emergency room immediately.
Ready to Meet Our Pediatric Dentist in Greenwood?
Dr. Lesa Allison looks forward to meeting you!